On October 6, 1929, a newly-formed congregation called Mount Hope Lutheran Church held its first service in the old Dasher School building (fondly dubbed "the church on the hill") at Allen and Pepper Roads.
Mount Hope Lutheran Church has served as a beacon of hope in this community since 1930. The sanctuary in which we worship was completed in 1968. We are a church that embraces its heritage, but is also looking ahead to the things God has in store in the future.
The cornerstone for the present day auditorium was laid on October 1, 1967. The new structure was connected to the existing building. The new construction included administrative offices, a library, a parlor, and two new classrooms. A 22 rank Wicks organ graced the new church. The building was dedicated November 10, 1968.
Remodeling work on the school turned church began in October, 1935. A full basement was constructed and a brick veneer was added along with a tower and belfry. The referbished building was dedicated on January 26, 1936.
Tremendous growth brought the need for a new building. The present property on Southfield Road was purchased and on September 11, 1955, formal dedication of the new building took place.